The Members' section of the RECOOP website is dedicated to professionals who work with, or are interested in working with, older offenders. If you work in a prison, in the Criminal Justice sector, or for a voluntary sector organisation working in the Criminal Justice arena, you will be able to access our range of specialist resources. These include information, advice and guidance on working with older offenders, training materials and session plans for running group activities.
Please note that the resource library is being built up over time, so do keep checking to find out what new resources have been made available.
To sign up as a member please complete the Membership application form.
RECOOP has been proud to manage a project, funded centrally by HMPPS, which was designed “To assess the need and ability of prisons and approved premises to adapt their regimes to meet the needs of older offenders” and we are delighted to announce the Good Practice Guides are now available.
It became apparent during the life of the project, that there was already a great deal of good work being carried out with the older population. Despite the absence of a national policy, coupled with the economic challenges faced by the project prisons, there was a definite commitment to improve the provision of services and support to older prisoners.
We have taken our research and project development achievements, coupled with some best practice already in existence, and consolidated it into ‘Good Practice Guides’ to act as a support reference for continued use beyond the life of the project which can be downloaded here.
- Innovative solution to help AP residents get to appointments/ interviews/work with the help of local Police Lost Pr… https://t.co/ItPzC987UQ9:31am, Jul 12, 2018
- RECOOP delighted to be working with @SSAFA, recent recipient of the Queens Award for Voluntary Service, on Armed Fo… https://t.co/46Sq1IONbZ9:35am, Jun 19, 2018
- RECOOP's Transition 50+ Resettlement: "A course to be remembered with a real sense of pride and accomplishment" https://t.co/Gu13nwQKEz10:15am, May 15, 2018
- Service-user highlights benefits of RECOOP Day Centre where they "gain valuable mental stimulation helping to sharp… https://t.co/hx6CLoSsmu10:31am, May 10, 2018
- Delighted that RECOOP services and good practice feature a number of times in HMPPS’s recently published “Model for… https://t.co/6hyYTrXgd310:25am, May 03, 2018
- Feedback from Transition 50+ Resettlement Course "has opened up many pathways to be explored" and "covers all aspec… https://t.co/FgIHwpThea11:40am, Apr 25, 2018
- @RECOOP_UK / @BCHAnews working together to improve social inclusion https://t.co/kP3zXtXwPB10:23am, Apr 18, 2018
- Impact of Buddy Support training "Understanding it’s all about encouragement and giving independence back” https://t.co/yCTZIFVpTX9:36am, Apr 06, 2018
- In-cell Activity Packs "keeping prisoners gainfully occupied" https://t.co/XHCGD3HWLj4:18pm, Mar 12, 2018
- 'Rubies' at HMP Eastwood Park support Royal United Hospitals Bath bobble hat appeal https://t.co/5zaNdE7wiW11:04am, Feb 14, 2018