In-Cell Activity Packs
Having worked with older prisoners and ex-offenders for over ten years, we recognise the importance of keeping active, both physically and mentally. Our In-cell Activity Packs, "Food for Thought" were created with that in mind. The packs were originally developed for use in prisons where we currently provide services and were very well received by the prisoners, who have a lot of inactive time in light of the current pressures on prison regimes.
They are now produced on a monthly basis and are available at a cost of £100 per issue, or £1,000pa. A PDF is sent electronically to each prison so that printing and distribution can be arranged. They include activities such as Word Search, Sudoku, crossword puzzles, quizzes, a health section, poems, interesting reading and shared experiences within prison.
Quote from a recipient: "I want to write to thank your organisation for all your work to help improve older prisoners' lives. Your "Food for thought" booklets are welcomed, as it helps to keep our minds stimulated and pass time in an educated way".
A sample of just some of the activities from the December issue can be downloaded here.
If you would like to subscribe, or discuss further, please contact us: email@example.com
- 'Rubies' at HMP Eastwood Park support Royal United Hospitals Bath bobble hat appeal https://t.co/5zaNdE7wiW11:04am, Feb 14, 2018
- "RECOOP group has given me the chance to explore and challenge myself in ways I thought I was incapable of" https://t.co/lfcq2noLZv9:59am, Jan 18, 2018
- "Renewed my faith in what is possible in the justice system" https://t.co/Z9rbWimJa710:20am, Jan 05, 2018
- "It’s been enormously helpful to collaborate with RECOOP" Laura Roan @OsborneNY https://t.co/aNjRbQPV6G9:44am, Oct 09, 2017
- “All on the course felt empowered – even me!”– pilot ‘Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme’ is a resounding success https://t.co/DEOr2vggqt10:42am, Aug 18, 2017
- Ryan Harman, @PRTuk and RECOOP Trustee talks about Social Care in Prison https://t.co/KLAiMLptSx9:16am, Aug 07, 2017
- “Provision for older prisoners by The Lobster Pot was outstanding” - HMP Leyhill IMB Report https://t.co/vwPUitwCnC10:45am, Aug 01, 2017
- A personal story from an older prisoner so relevant to the challenges of our service-users https://t.co/cbfuqhHuEf9:37am, Jul 19, 2017
- RECOOP & SSAFA working together to give ex-servicemen and women a stronger chance of successful rehabilitation https://t.co/5j7p0kTTSm11:06am, Jul 12, 2017
- Prisons & Probation Ombudsman highlights the urgent need to address rise in number of older prisoners https://t.co/fGqlvz4jEc2:26pm, Jun 29, 2017