RECOOP has been proud to manage a National Capacity Building Project, funded centrally by NOMS (National Offender Management Service) which ended in March 2014.
The Project aims were to support Prisons, Probation Trusts and other organisations, including Third Sector, to build the range, capacity and skills necessary to meet the needs of older offenders in custody and through the resettlement transition.
Through the project we worked with over 60 prisons in England & Wales supporting them with our expertise and knowledge with this hard to reach group and in many areas were able to provide the resources they needed and crucially support them in establishing long-term, sustainable and effective partnerships with external agencies.
It became apparent during the life of the project, that there was already a great deal of good work being carried out with the older population. Despite the economic challenges faced by the prison estate, there was a definite commitment to improve the provision of services and support to older prisoners.
We have taken our experience, project development achievements, coupled with some best practice and consolidated it into a Consultancy Package.
Full details about our Consultancy Services can be found by clicking the pdf link below. For further details please contact: email@example.com
- “All on the course felt empowered – even me!”– pilot ‘Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme’ is a resounding success https://t.co/DEOr2vggqt10:42am, Aug 18, 2017
- Ryan Harman, @PRTuk and RECOOP Trustee talks about Social Care in Prison https://t.co/KLAiMLptSx9:16am, Aug 07, 2017
- “Provision for older prisoners by The Lobster Pot was outstanding” - HMP Leyhill IMB Report https://t.co/vwPUitwCnC10:45am, Aug 01, 2017
- A personal story from an older prisoner so relevant to the challenges of our service-users https://t.co/cbfuqhHuEf9:37am, Jul 19, 2017
- RECOOP & SSAFA working together to give ex-servicemen and women a stronger chance of successful rehabilitation https://t.co/5j7p0kTTSm11:06am, Jul 12, 2017
- Prisons & Probation Ombudsman highlights the urgent need to address rise in number of older prisoners https://t.co/fGqlvz4jEc2:26pm, Jun 29, 2017
- The Guardian highlights the ever-increasing challenges faced by older prisoners https://t.co/5khr4xNfBy12:59pm, Jun 26, 2017
- Good Practice Guides now available for Prisons and APs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get a copy.10:20am, Jun 23, 2017
- @PrisonersAdvice gains valuable feedback from visits to RECOOP projects within prisons https://t.co/Z9FDQYrjXa11:31am, Jun 20, 2017
- HMP Eastwood Park HMIP Report states: "The provision for older women at EWP is very good” https://t.co/1G3SM5Y12I10:52am, Jun 09, 2017