RECOOP has been proud to manage a National Capacity Building Project, funded centrally by NOMS (National Offender Management Service) which ended in March 2014.
The Project aims were to support Prisons, Probation Trusts and other organisations, including Third Sector, to build the range, capacity and skills necessary to meet the needs of older offenders in custody and through the resettlement transition.
Through the project we worked with over 60 prisons in England & Wales supporting them with our expertise and knowledge with this hard to reach group and in many areas were able to provide the resources they needed and crucially support them in establishing long-term, sustainable and effective partnerships with external agencies.
It became apparent during the life of the project, that there was already a great deal of good work being carried out with the older population. Despite the economic challenges faced by the prison estate, there was a definite commitment to improve the provision of services and support to older prisoners.
We have taken our experience, project development achievements, coupled with some best practice and consolidated it into a Consultancy Package.
Full details about our Consultancy Services can be found by clicking the pdf link below. For further details please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lobster Pot: “an excellent resource providing a creative range of activities, support & assessment of need” HMIP https://t.co/NOfH8Fr1Hx10:25am, Feb 23, 2017
- Excited to be working with @BrookdaleAging and @OsborneNY supporting communities to better integrate re-entering older adults in New York9:23am, Jan 23, 2017
- RECOOP invited to work with detainees at IRC The Verne providing mental and physical activities for older population https://t.co/ia6RNij8il11:11am, Dec 05, 2016
- “Looking at things through a different set of eyes” Gov HMP Ford on RECOOP’s ‘Achieving Better Outcomes’ training https://t.co/xZT1CA6Nta11:04am, Nov 29, 2016
- Delighted to have had @RNIB in the Lobster Pot talking about sight loss & services available from Action for Blind People. Come back soon!8:50am, Nov 18, 2016
- Artwork created by RECOOP Buddy Support Worker selected for @KoestlerTrust @southbankcentre exhibition https://t.co/VDmjgA8dZR10:59am, Nov 17, 2016
- 100% success rate for participants in HMP Send on Healthy Eating & Living in Prison programme developed by RECOOP https://t.co/LZsEbWJ5V79:30am, Oct 25, 2016
- Looking forward to attending @LangleyHseTrust @kainoscommunity Annual Review Launch & working alongside you in the Criminal Justice System11:01am, Oct 11, 2016
- RECOOP's Devon Buddy Scheme included as example of good practice in recent "Seeing prisoners as Assets" resource published by ADASS11:51am, Sep 28, 2016
- RECOOP and the Buddy Support Scheme is highlighted as an example of excellence in IMB yearly report https://t.co/Ms7QrwU1FU12:32pm, Aug 16, 2016