Children and Families
Although many of the older offenders may not have dependant children, their grandchildren, wives, husbands and older children are still very important to them for a feeling of support, structure and well-being. Some of the activities we organise that fit into this pathway include:
- Card making: an effective way of maintaining links with loved ones
- Book marks: a thoughtful, light gift that can be posted easily
- Over 50’s Family Days: with a quiz, enabling families to work together as a team.
Action for Prisoners Families estimate that:
- In the United Kingdom approximately 200,000 children have a parent sent to prison each year.
- During their time at school 7% of children experience their father’s imprisonment, with 59% of the male prison population and 66% of female prisoners, having a dependant child.
- The children of prisoners are 3 times more likely to take part in anti-social and delinquent behaviour.
- 65% of boys who have a father in prison will go onto offend themselves.
Impact Pathways offer practitioners and service users access to organisations providing support for children and families in the Gloucestershire, Avon, Bristol and Somerset areas.
- Good Practice Guides now available for Prisons and APs. Contact email@example.com to get a copy.10:20am, Jun 23, 2017
- @PrisonersAdvice gains valuable feedback from visits to RECOOP projects within prisons https://t.co/Z9FDQYrjXa11:31am, Jun 20, 2017
- HMP Eastwood Park HMIP Report states: "The provision for older women at EWP is very good” https://t.co/1G3SM5Y12I10:52am, Jun 09, 2017
- Success Coach & Trainer offers men @ The Lobster Pot tools to help them on their journey in prison and on release https://t.co/wBxXVVKaRY12:00pm, May 31, 2017
- First successful exchange visits between @recoop, @BrookdaleAging & @OsborneNY offering invaluable insight into differing CJ systems9:08am, May 03, 2017
- Lobster Pot: “an excellent resource providing a creative range of activities, support & assessment of need” HMIP https://t.co/NOfH8Fr1Hx10:25am, Feb 23, 2017
- Excited to be working with @BrookdaleAging and @OsborneNY supporting communities to better integrate re-entering older adults in New York9:23am, Jan 23, 2017
- RECOOP invited to work with detainees at IRC The Verne providing mental and physical activities for older population https://t.co/ia6RNij8il11:11am, Dec 05, 2016
- “Looking at things through a different set of eyes” Gov HMP Ford on RECOOP’s ‘Achieving Better Outcomes’ training https://t.co/xZT1CA6Nta11:04am, Nov 29, 2016
- Delighted to have had @RNIB in the Lobster Pot talking about sight loss & services available from Action for Blind People. Come back soon!8:50am, Nov 18, 2016