Attitudes, Thinking, Behaviour
This is an important Pathway in helping to change attitudes and unhelpful thinking patterns and behaviours. It also helps develop new social skills. RECOOP has been effective in this Pathway and has arranged for Social Care Consultations with a Department of Health representative eliciting views and opinions on the provision of social care within the United Kingdom.
One of RECOOP’s core values is in the setting-up of senior forums run by prisoners for prisoners and through debate, discussion and resolving issues many new skills are able to be developed. Quiz sessions have also enabled effective team work and listening skills.
We aim to encourage older people to take an active interest in the outside world and a wide range of talks on topical issues are arranged, ranging from an art history course in one prison where there are a number of talented artists, to music performances.
Prisoners are more likely to have negative social attitudes and poor self-control. Successfully addressing their attitudes, thinking and behaviour during custody may reduce re-offending by up to 14% (Impact Pathways website July 2015).
Impact Pathways offer practitioners and service users access to over 20 services linked to this Pathway in the Gloucestershire, Bristol, Avon and Somerset areas.
- @recoop UK wins back contract to deliver Day Centre services at HMP Eastwood Park https://t.co/83AypyV22h10:37am, Jul 19, 2018
- Innovative solution to help AP residents get to appointments/ interviews/work with the help of local Police Lost Pr… https://t.co/ItPzC987UQ9:31am, Jul 12, 2018
- RECOOP delighted to be working with @SSAFA, recent recipient of the Queens Award for Voluntary Service, on Armed Fo… https://t.co/46Sq1IONbZ9:35am, Jun 19, 2018
- RECOOP's Transition 50+ Resettlement: "A course to be remembered with a real sense of pride and accomplishment" https://t.co/Gu13nwQKEz10:15am, May 15, 2018
- Service-user highlights benefits of RECOOP Day Centre where they "gain valuable mental stimulation helping to sharp… https://t.co/hx6CLoSsmu10:31am, May 10, 2018
- Delighted that RECOOP services and good practice feature a number of times in HMPPS’s recently published “Model for… https://t.co/6hyYTrXgd310:25am, May 03, 2018
- Feedback from Transition 50+ Resettlement Course "has opened up many pathways to be explored" and "covers all aspec… https://t.co/FgIHwpThea11:40am, Apr 25, 2018
- @RECOOP_UK / @BCHAnews working together to improve social inclusion https://t.co/kP3zXtXwPB10:23am, Apr 18, 2018
- Impact of Buddy Support training "Understanding it’s all about encouragement and giving independence back” https://t.co/yCTZIFVpTX9:36am, Apr 06, 2018
- In-cell Activity Packs "keeping prisoners gainfully occupied" https://t.co/XHCGD3HWLj4:18pm, Mar 12, 2018