Attitudes, Thinking, Behaviour
This is an important Pathway in helping to change attitudes and unhelpful thinking patterns and behaviours. It also helps develop new social skills. RECOOP has been effective in this Pathway and has arranged for Social Care Consultations with a Department of Health representative eliciting views and opinions on the provision of social care within the United Kingdom.
One of RECOOP’s core values is in the setting-up of senior forums run by prisoners for prisoners and through debate, discussion and resolving issues many new skills are able to be developed. Quiz sessions have also enabled effective team work and listening skills.
We aim to encourage older people to take an active interest in the outside world and a wide range of talks on topical issues are arranged, ranging from an art history course in one prison where there are a number of talented artists, to music performances.
Prisoners are more likely to have negative social attitudes and poor self-control. Successfully addressing their attitudes, thinking and behaviour during custody may reduce re-offending by up to 14% (Impact Pathways website July 2015).
Impact Pathways offer practitioners and service users access to over 20 services linked to this Pathway in the Gloucestershire, Bristol, Avon and Somerset areas.
- "It’s been enormously helpful to collaborate with RECOOP" Laura Roan @OsborneNY https://t.co/aNjRbQPV6G9:44am, Oct 09, 2017
- “All on the course felt empowered – even me!”– pilot ‘Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme’ is a resounding success https://t.co/DEOr2vggqt10:42am, Aug 18, 2017
- Ryan Harman, @PRTuk and RECOOP Trustee talks about Social Care in Prison https://t.co/KLAiMLptSx9:16am, Aug 07, 2017
- “Provision for older prisoners by The Lobster Pot was outstanding” - HMP Leyhill IMB Report https://t.co/vwPUitwCnC10:45am, Aug 01, 2017
- A personal story from an older prisoner so relevant to the challenges of our service-users https://t.co/cbfuqhHuEf9:37am, Jul 19, 2017
- RECOOP & SSAFA working together to give ex-servicemen and women a stronger chance of successful rehabilitation https://t.co/5j7p0kTTSm11:06am, Jul 12, 2017
- Prisons & Probation Ombudsman highlights the urgent need to address rise in number of older prisoners https://t.co/fGqlvz4jEc2:26pm, Jun 29, 2017
- The Guardian highlights the ever-increasing challenges faced by older prisoners https://t.co/5khr4xNfBy12:59pm, Jun 26, 2017
- Good Practice Guides now available for Prisons and APs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get a copy.10:20am, Jun 23, 2017
- @PrisonersAdvice gains valuable feedback from visits to RECOOP projects within prisons https://t.co/Z9FDQYrjXa11:31am, Jun 20, 2017