RECOOP has informed offenders about a variety of housing information and opportunities through invited speakers from Bournemouth Churches Housing Association, St Giles Trust, Stepping Stones, Gilead Foundation, The Bridge Exeter, Shekinah Mission Plymouth. We also signpost regularly to accommodation services within prisons.
- As many as a third of prisoners lose their housing on imprisonment*
- Around a third (35 per cent) of prisoners have nowhere to stay on release*
- Short-term and repeat prisoners are more likely to be homeless when they leave custody*
- More than three quarters of prisoners who reported being homeless before entering custody were reconvicted within a year of release (compared with 49% who were not homeless)*
* Impact Pathways offer practitioners and service users access to over 50 accommodation providers in the Gloucestershire, Bristol, Avon and Somerset areas.
- Lobster Pot: “an excellent resource providing a creative range of activities, support & assessment of need” HMIP https://t.co/NOfH8Fr1Hx10:25am, Feb 23, 2017
- Excited to be working with @BrookdaleAging and @OsborneNY supporting communities to better integrate re-entering older adults in New York9:23am, Jan 23, 2017
- RECOOP invited to work with detainees at IRC The Verne providing mental and physical activities for older population https://t.co/ia6RNij8il11:11am, Dec 05, 2016
- “Looking at things through a different set of eyes” Gov HMP Ford on RECOOP’s ‘Achieving Better Outcomes’ training https://t.co/xZT1CA6Nta11:04am, Nov 29, 2016
- Delighted to have had @RNIB in the Lobster Pot talking about sight loss & services available from Action for Blind People. Come back soon!8:50am, Nov 18, 2016
- Artwork created by RECOOP Buddy Support Worker selected for @KoestlerTrust @southbankcentre exhibition https://t.co/VDmjgA8dZR10:59am, Nov 17, 2016
- 100% success rate for participants in HMP Send on Healthy Eating & Living in Prison programme developed by RECOOP https://t.co/LZsEbWJ5V79:30am, Oct 25, 2016
- Looking forward to attending @LangleyHseTrust @kainoscommunity Annual Review Launch & working alongside you in the Criminal Justice System11:01am, Oct 11, 2016
- RECOOP's Devon Buddy Scheme included as example of good practice in recent "Seeing prisoners as Assets" resource published by ADASS11:51am, Sep 28, 2016
- RECOOP and the Buddy Support Scheme is highlighted as an example of excellence in IMB yearly report https://t.co/Ms7QrwU1FU12:32pm, Aug 16, 2016