The Nine Pathways
In measuring the effectiveness of the RECOOP project and its ability to help reduce re-offending, we need to consider how our current work fits into the Nine Pathways which have been set in place to help rehabilitate and ultimately reduce re-offending on release. The pathways focus on all the different strands of life where work needs to be done to achieve stability and balance. Prisoners will need to draw on all of the help and support available in respect of each different pathway to have the best chance of living a crime-free life.
The Nine Pathways to Reducing Re-offending are:
- Attitudes, Thinking and Behaviour
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Children and Families
- Education, Training and Employment
- Finance, Benefit and Debt
Working with older Offenders a lot of our work links in with the pathways, although often in different ways from the work that goes on with younger offenders.
For details of our work, click on the individual Pathways above.
- Lobster Pot: “an excellent resource providing a creative range of activities, support & assessment of need” HMIP https://t.co/NOfH8Fr1Hx10:25am, Feb 23, 2017
- Excited to be working with @BrookdaleAging and @OsborneNY supporting communities to better integrate re-entering older adults in New York9:23am, Jan 23, 2017
- RECOOP invited to work with detainees at IRC The Verne providing mental and physical activities for older population https://t.co/ia6RNij8il11:11am, Dec 05, 2016
- “Looking at things through a different set of eyes” Gov HMP Ford on RECOOP’s ‘Achieving Better Outcomes’ training https://t.co/xZT1CA6Nta11:04am, Nov 29, 2016
- Delighted to have had @RNIB in the Lobster Pot talking about sight loss & services available from Action for Blind People. Come back soon!8:50am, Nov 18, 2016
- Artwork created by RECOOP Buddy Support Worker selected for @KoestlerTrust @southbankcentre exhibition https://t.co/VDmjgA8dZR10:59am, Nov 17, 2016
- 100% success rate for participants in HMP Send on Healthy Eating & Living in Prison programme developed by RECOOP https://t.co/LZsEbWJ5V79:30am, Oct 25, 2016
- Looking forward to attending @LangleyHseTrust @kainoscommunity Annual Review Launch & working alongside you in the Criminal Justice System11:01am, Oct 11, 2016
- RECOOP's Devon Buddy Scheme included as example of good practice in recent "Seeing prisoners as Assets" resource published by ADASS11:51am, Sep 28, 2016
- RECOOP and the Buddy Support Scheme is highlighted as an example of excellence in IMB yearly report https://t.co/Ms7QrwU1FU12:32pm, Aug 16, 2016