The Nine Pathways
In measuring the effectiveness of the RECOOP project and its ability to help reduce re-offending, we need to consider how our current work fits into the Nine Pathways which have been set in place to help rehabilitate and ultimately reduce re-offending on release. The pathways focus on all the different strands of life where work needs to be done to achieve stability and balance. Prisoners will need to draw on all of the help and support available in respect of each different pathway to have the best chance of living a crime-free life.
The Nine Pathways to Reducing Re-offending are:
- Attitudes, Thinking and Behaviour
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Children and Families
- Education, Training and Employment
- Finance, Benefit and Debt
Working with older Offenders a lot of our work links in with the pathways, although often in different ways from the work that goes on with younger offenders.
For details of our work, click on the individual Pathways above.
- “All on the course felt empowered – even me!”– pilot ‘Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme’ is a resounding success https://t.co/DEOr2vggqt10:42am, Aug 18, 2017
- Ryan Harman, @PRTuk and RECOOP Trustee talks about Social Care in Prison https://t.co/KLAiMLptSx9:16am, Aug 07, 2017
- “Provision for older prisoners by The Lobster Pot was outstanding” - HMP Leyhill IMB Report https://t.co/vwPUitwCnC10:45am, Aug 01, 2017
- A personal story from an older prisoner so relevant to the challenges of our service-users https://t.co/cbfuqhHuEf9:37am, Jul 19, 2017
- RECOOP & SSAFA working together to give ex-servicemen and women a stronger chance of successful rehabilitation https://t.co/5j7p0kTTSm11:06am, Jul 12, 2017
- Prisons & Probation Ombudsman highlights the urgent need to address rise in number of older prisoners https://t.co/fGqlvz4jEc2:26pm, Jun 29, 2017
- The Guardian highlights the ever-increasing challenges faced by older prisoners https://t.co/5khr4xNfBy12:59pm, Jun 26, 2017
- Good Practice Guides now available for Prisons and APs. Contact email@example.com to get a copy.10:20am, Jun 23, 2017
- @PrisonersAdvice gains valuable feedback from visits to RECOOP projects within prisons https://t.co/Z9FDQYrjXa11:31am, Jun 20, 2017
- HMP Eastwood Park HMIP Report states: "The provision for older women at EWP is very good” https://t.co/1G3SM5Y12I10:52am, Jun 09, 2017