The Nine Pathways
In measuring the effectiveness of the RECOOP project and its ability to help reduce re-offending, we need to consider how our current work fits into the Nine Pathways which have been set in place to help rehabilitate and ultimately reduce re-offending on release. The pathways focus on all the different strands of life where work needs to be done to achieve stability and balance. Prisoners will need to draw on all of the help and support available in respect of each different pathway to have the best chance of living a crime-free life.
The Nine Pathways to Reducing Re-offending are:
- Attitudes, Thinking and Behaviour
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Children and Families
- Education, Training and Employment
- Finance, Benefit and Debt
Working with older Offenders a lot of our work links in with the pathways, although often in different ways from the work that goes on with younger offenders.
For details of our work, click on the individual Pathways above.
- Good Practice Guides now available for Prisons and APs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get a copy.10:20am, Jun 23, 2017
- @PrisonersAdvice gains valuable feedback from visits to RECOOP projects within prisons https://t.co/Z9FDQYrjXa11:31am, Jun 20, 2017
- HMP Eastwood Park HMIP Report states: "The provision for older women at EWP is very good” https://t.co/1G3SM5Y12I10:52am, Jun 09, 2017
- Success Coach & Trainer offers men @ The Lobster Pot tools to help them on their journey in prison and on release https://t.co/wBxXVVKaRY12:00pm, May 31, 2017
- First successful exchange visits between @recoop, @BrookdaleAging & @OsborneNY offering invaluable insight into differing CJ systems9:08am, May 03, 2017
- Lobster Pot: “an excellent resource providing a creative range of activities, support & assessment of need” HMIP https://t.co/NOfH8Fr1Hx10:25am, Feb 23, 2017
- Excited to be working with @BrookdaleAging and @OsborneNY supporting communities to better integrate re-entering older adults in New York9:23am, Jan 23, 2017
- RECOOP invited to work with detainees at IRC The Verne providing mental and physical activities for older population https://t.co/ia6RNij8il11:11am, Dec 05, 2016
- “Looking at things through a different set of eyes” Gov HMP Ford on RECOOP’s ‘Achieving Better Outcomes’ training https://t.co/xZT1CA6Nta11:04am, Nov 29, 2016
- Delighted to have had @RNIB in the Lobster Pot talking about sight loss & services available from Action for Blind People. Come back soon!8:50am, Nov 18, 2016