Service Users' Voices
This page contains articles and pieces written by our service users and colleagues from the prison service about their experience of RECOOP and its work. Should you wish to contribute to this page please contact us.
Feedback highlighting the impact the Buddy Support Worker Training Programme is having. The Programme is designed to equip prisoners to support other prisoners with health & social care needs and day to day challenges they face.
The Lobster Pot, run by RECOOP is a "Drop in Centre" for HMP Leyhill's over 50 population.
Poem written by a Ruby. The Rubies is a group run by RECOOP for the over 50s in HMP Eastwood Park.
These professional quotes come from Hostel Managers and Probation Officers working with ex-offenders attending a Community Support Cafe run by RECOOP in Devon.
"Joining the group run by RECOOP was the best thing I have done".
These poems were written by Members of the Rubies Group at Eastwood Park.
"........... I now have another wonderful memory for the word 'Rubies'. It's a place to go to be accepted for who you are, a place to meet some very warm and friendly people, some of those people becoming very precious to...
"There is a great sense of trust, respect and understanding and above all caring, that we seem to pick up from you and learn to share. It is a great comfort and support and helps to beat the terrible isolation and loneliness. By you...
Our Older Persons population has been steadily rising for over a year. The distinct differences and needs of the Older Person as opposed to those of our younger prisoners have until recently not been met. Since we have had interventions...
“Many thanks for the time you spent trying to find interesting things to do and talk about”.
“Now, released, I am contemplating joining a volunteer group somewhere where I can participate in craft work...
A short peice written by an ex-offender charting their time in prison and their experience of ACOOP
Setting up the first 50+ Forum at Leyhill Prison, a personal view of ACOOP and prison based forums
- Good Practice Guides now available for Prisons and APs. Contact email@example.com to get a copy.10:20am, Jun 23, 2017
- @PrisonersAdvice gains valuable feedback from visits to RECOOP projects within prisons https://t.co/Z9FDQYrjXa11:31am, Jun 20, 2017
- HMP Eastwood Park HMIP Report states: "The provision for older women at EWP is very good” https://t.co/1G3SM5Y12I10:52am, Jun 09, 2017
- Success Coach & Trainer offers men @ The Lobster Pot tools to help them on their journey in prison and on release https://t.co/wBxXVVKaRY12:00pm, May 31, 2017
- First successful exchange visits between @recoop, @BrookdaleAging & @OsborneNY offering invaluable insight into differing CJ systems9:08am, May 03, 2017
- Lobster Pot: “an excellent resource providing a creative range of activities, support & assessment of need” HMIP https://t.co/NOfH8Fr1Hx10:25am, Feb 23, 2017
- Excited to be working with @BrookdaleAging and @OsborneNY supporting communities to better integrate re-entering older adults in New York9:23am, Jan 23, 2017
- RECOOP invited to work with detainees at IRC The Verne providing mental and physical activities for older population https://t.co/ia6RNij8il11:11am, Dec 05, 2016
- “Looking at things through a different set of eyes” Gov HMP Ford on RECOOP’s ‘Achieving Better Outcomes’ training https://t.co/xZT1CA6Nta11:04am, Nov 29, 2016
- Delighted to have had @RNIB in the Lobster Pot talking about sight loss & services available from Action for Blind People. Come back soon!8:50am, Nov 18, 2016