Service Users' Voices
This page contains articles and pieces written by our service users and colleagues from the prison service about their experience of RECOOP and its work. Should you wish to contribute to this page please contact us.
Feedback highlighting the impact the Buddy Support Worker Training Programme is having. The Programme is designed to equip prisoners to support other prisoners with health & social care needs and day to day challenges they face.
The Lobster Pot, run by RECOOP is a "Drop in Centre" for HMP Leyhill's over 50 population.
Poem written by a Ruby. The Rubies is a group run by RECOOP for the over 50s in HMP Eastwood Park.
These professional quotes come from Hostel Managers and Probation Officers working with ex-offenders attending a Community Support Cafe run by RECOOP in Devon.
"Joining the group run by RECOOP was the best thing I have done".
These poems were written by Members of the Rubies Group at Eastwood Park.
"........... I now have another wonderful memory for the word 'Rubies'. It's a place to go to be accepted for who you are, a place to meet some very warm and friendly people, some of those people becoming very precious to...
"There is a great sense of trust, respect and understanding and above all caring, that we seem to pick up from you and learn to share. It is a great comfort and support and helps to beat the terrible isolation and loneliness. By you...
Our Older Persons population has been steadily rising for over a year. The distinct differences and needs of the Older Person as opposed to those of our younger prisoners have until recently not been met. Since we have had interventions...
“Many thanks for the time you spent trying to find interesting things to do and talk about”.
“Now, released, I am contemplating joining a volunteer group somewhere where I can participate in craft work...
A short peice written by an ex-offender charting their time in prison and their experience of ACOOP
Setting up the first 50+ Forum at Leyhill Prison, a personal view of ACOOP and prison based forums
- “All on the course felt empowered – even me!”– pilot ‘Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme’ is a resounding success https://t.co/DEOr2vggqt10:42am, Aug 18, 2017
- Ryan Harman, @PRTuk and RECOOP Trustee talks about Social Care in Prison https://t.co/KLAiMLptSx9:16am, Aug 07, 2017
- “Provision for older prisoners by The Lobster Pot was outstanding” - HMP Leyhill IMB Report https://t.co/vwPUitwCnC10:45am, Aug 01, 2017
- A personal story from an older prisoner so relevant to the challenges of our service-users https://t.co/cbfuqhHuEf9:37am, Jul 19, 2017
- RECOOP & SSAFA working together to give ex-servicemen and women a stronger chance of successful rehabilitation https://t.co/5j7p0kTTSm11:06am, Jul 12, 2017
- Prisons & Probation Ombudsman highlights the urgent need to address rise in number of older prisoners https://t.co/fGqlvz4jEc2:26pm, Jun 29, 2017
- The Guardian highlights the ever-increasing challenges faced by older prisoners https://t.co/5khr4xNfBy12:59pm, Jun 26, 2017
- Good Practice Guides now available for Prisons and APs. Contact email@example.com to get a copy.10:20am, Jun 23, 2017
- @PrisonersAdvice gains valuable feedback from visits to RECOOP projects within prisons https://t.co/Z9FDQYrjXa11:31am, Jun 20, 2017
- HMP Eastwood Park HMIP Report states: "The provision for older women at EWP is very good” https://t.co/1G3SM5Y12I10:52am, Jun 09, 2017