Our AimsOur organisational aims are:
- To contribute to public benefit through the reduction of re-offending by older people;
- To provide support to older people in prison through provision of services, information and advice, low level social care and advocacy;
- To support and advise older people on release from prison to improve resettlement and rehabilitation;
- To provide support for older people who have received non-custodial sentences;
- To develop and provide appropriate volunteering, training and employment opportunities for older ex-offenders in order to reduce re-offending and aid resettlement.
- To raise awareness of the needs of older offenders at a regional and national level;
- To contribute to national policy and practice regarding older offenders through learning, research and publications;
- To collaborate with key partners in the statutory and voluntary sector to share and disseminate good practice regarding the support and rehabilitation of older offenders;
- To provide advice and support to staff working with older offenders in the criminal justice system.
- To work towards a better understanding of the needs of older offenders’ families, carers and supporters, and to contribute to better support systems.
Latest Tweets follow us!
- @recoop UK wins back contract to deliver Day Centre services at HMP Eastwood Park https://t.co/83AypyV22h10:37am, Jul 19, 2018
- Innovative solution to help AP residents get to appointments/ interviews/work with the help of local Police Lost Pr… https://t.co/ItPzC987UQ9:31am, Jul 12, 2018
- RECOOP delighted to be working with @SSAFA, recent recipient of the Queens Award for Voluntary Service, on Armed Fo… https://t.co/46Sq1IONbZ9:35am, Jun 19, 2018
- RECOOP's Transition 50+ Resettlement: "A course to be remembered with a real sense of pride and accomplishment" https://t.co/Gu13nwQKEz10:15am, May 15, 2018
- Service-user highlights benefits of RECOOP Day Centre where they "gain valuable mental stimulation helping to sharp… https://t.co/hx6CLoSsmu10:31am, May 10, 2018
- Delighted that RECOOP services and good practice feature a number of times in HMPPS’s recently published “Model for… https://t.co/6hyYTrXgd310:25am, May 03, 2018
- Feedback from Transition 50+ Resettlement Course "has opened up many pathways to be explored" and "covers all aspec… https://t.co/FgIHwpThea11:40am, Apr 25, 2018
- @RECOOP_UK / @BCHAnews working together to improve social inclusion https://t.co/kP3zXtXwPB10:23am, Apr 18, 2018
- Impact of Buddy Support training "Understanding it’s all about encouragement and giving independence back” https://t.co/yCTZIFVpTX9:36am, Apr 06, 2018
- In-cell Activity Packs "keeping prisoners gainfully occupied" https://t.co/XHCGD3HWLj4:18pm, Mar 12, 2018
Thursday, July 19th 2018
RECOOP is pleased to announce that it has won back the contract to deliver the ‘Rubies and Blue belle’ services at HMP Eastwood Park. Paul Grainge Chief Officer adds ’We are thrilled to be able to continue supporting the older female popu...
RECOOP projects win Platinum Award 2014 & 2015