Our AimsOur organisational aims are:
- To contribute to public benefit through the reduction of re-offending by older people;
- To provide support to older people in prison through provision of services, information and advice, low level social care and advocacy;
- To support and advise older people on release from prison to improve resettlement and rehabilitation;
- To provide support for older people who have received non-custodial sentences;
- To develop and provide appropriate volunteering, training and employment opportunities for older ex-offenders in order to reduce re-offending and aid resettlement.
- To raise awareness of the needs of older offenders at a regional and national level;
- To contribute to national policy and practice regarding older offenders through learning, research and publications;
- To collaborate with key partners in the statutory and voluntary sector to share and disseminate good practice regarding the support and rehabilitation of older offenders;
- To provide advice and support to staff working with older offenders in the criminal justice system.
- To work towards a better understanding of the needs of older offenders’ families, carers and supporters, and to contribute to better support systems.
Latest Tweets follow us!
- Lobster Pot: “an excellent resource providing a creative range of activities, support & assessment of need” HMIP https://t.co/NOfH8Fr1Hx10:25am, Feb 23, 2017
- Excited to be working with @BrookdaleAging and @OsborneNY supporting communities to better integrate re-entering older adults in New York9:23am, Jan 23, 2017
- RECOOP invited to work with detainees at IRC The Verne providing mental and physical activities for older population https://t.co/ia6RNij8il11:11am, Dec 05, 2016
- “Looking at things through a different set of eyes” Gov HMP Ford on RECOOP’s ‘Achieving Better Outcomes’ training https://t.co/xZT1CA6Nta11:04am, Nov 29, 2016
- Delighted to have had @RNIB in the Lobster Pot talking about sight loss & services available from Action for Blind People. Come back soon!8:50am, Nov 18, 2016
- Artwork created by RECOOP Buddy Support Worker selected for @KoestlerTrust @southbankcentre exhibition https://t.co/VDmjgA8dZR10:59am, Nov 17, 2016
- 100% success rate for participants in HMP Send on Healthy Eating & Living in Prison programme developed by RECOOP https://t.co/LZsEbWJ5V79:30am, Oct 25, 2016
- Looking forward to attending @LangleyHseTrust @kainoscommunity Annual Review Launch & working alongside you in the Criminal Justice System11:01am, Oct 11, 2016
- RECOOP's Devon Buddy Scheme included as example of good practice in recent "Seeing prisoners as Assets" resource published by ADASS11:51am, Sep 28, 2016
- RECOOP and the Buddy Support Scheme is highlighted as an example of excellence in IMB yearly report https://t.co/Ms7QrwU1FU12:32pm, Aug 16, 2016
Thursday, February 23rd 2017
The HMIP report on their unannounced inspection of HMP Leyhill in September 2016, has recently been published. RECOOP has run a Day Centre there (The Lobster Pot) for the past nine years and the increase in footfall not only reflects the increase in ...
RECOOP projects win Platinum Award 2014 & 2015