Our AimsOur organisational aims are:
- To contribute to public benefit through the reduction of re-offending by older people;
- To provide support to older people in prison through provision of services, information and advice, low level social care and advocacy;
- To support and advise older people on release from prison to improve resettlement and rehabilitation;
- To provide support for older people who have received non-custodial sentences;
- To develop and provide appropriate volunteering, training and employment opportunities for older ex-offenders in order to reduce re-offending and aid resettlement.
- To raise awareness of the needs of older offenders at a regional and national level;
- To contribute to national policy and practice regarding older offenders through learning, research and publications;
- To collaborate with key partners in the statutory and voluntary sector to share and disseminate good practice regarding the support and rehabilitation of older offenders;
- To provide advice and support to staff working with older offenders in the criminal justice system.
- To work towards a better understanding of the needs of older offenders’ families, carers and supporters, and to contribute to better support systems.
Latest Tweets follow us!
- Good Practice Guides now available for Prisons and APs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get a copy.10:20am, Jun 23, 2017
- @PrisonersAdvice gains valuable feedback from visits to RECOOP projects within prisons https://t.co/Z9FDQYrjXa11:31am, Jun 20, 2017
- HMP Eastwood Park HMIP Report states: "The provision for older women at EWP is very good” https://t.co/1G3SM5Y12I10:52am, Jun 09, 2017
- Success Coach & Trainer offers men @ The Lobster Pot tools to help them on their journey in prison and on release https://t.co/wBxXVVKaRY12:00pm, May 31, 2017
- First successful exchange visits between @recoop, @BrookdaleAging & @OsborneNY offering invaluable insight into differing CJ systems9:08am, May 03, 2017
- Lobster Pot: “an excellent resource providing a creative range of activities, support & assessment of need” HMIP https://t.co/NOfH8Fr1Hx10:25am, Feb 23, 2017
- Excited to be working with @BrookdaleAging and @OsborneNY supporting communities to better integrate re-entering older adults in New York9:23am, Jan 23, 2017
- RECOOP invited to work with detainees at IRC The Verne providing mental and physical activities for older population https://t.co/ia6RNij8il11:11am, Dec 05, 2016
- “Looking at things through a different set of eyes” Gov HMP Ford on RECOOP’s ‘Achieving Better Outcomes’ training https://t.co/xZT1CA6Nta11:04am, Nov 29, 2016
- Delighted to have had @RNIB in the Lobster Pot talking about sight loss & services available from Action for Blind People. Come back soon!8:50am, Nov 18, 2016
Tuesday, June 20th 2017
PAS is a legal advice charity which advises serving prisoners on their rights (or the lack of them) within the prison system in England and Wales. As well as corresponding with prisoners and providing telephone advice, we carry out outreach visits to priso...
RECOOP projects win Platinum Award 2014 & 2015