The number of older people entering the UK's Criminal Justice System has trebled in the last 20 years, and they now represent the fastest growing section of the prison estate.
RECOOP promotes the care, resettlement and rehabilitation of older prisoners, offenders and ex-offenders, especially those over the age of 50, in particular but not exclusively through the provision of support services, advocacy, financial advice, mentoring on issues such as employment and training, and advice on housing and health, enabling them to take control of their lives and remain free from offending, and preventing them from becoming socially excluded.
Find out about older offenders in the Criminal Justice System.
Discover what we do.
Learn what our aims are.
See what some of our service users have to say about us.
- 'Rubies' at HMP Eastwood Park support Royal United Hospitals Bath bobble hat appeal https://t.co/5zaNdE7wiW11:04am, Feb 14, 2018
- "RECOOP group has given me the chance to explore and challenge myself in ways I thought I was incapable of" https://t.co/lfcq2noLZv9:59am, Jan 18, 2018
- "Renewed my faith in what is possible in the justice system" https://t.co/Z9rbWimJa710:20am, Jan 05, 2018
- "It’s been enormously helpful to collaborate with RECOOP" Laura Roan @OsborneNY https://t.co/aNjRbQPV6G9:44am, Oct 09, 2017
- “All on the course felt empowered – even me!”– pilot ‘Transition 50+ Resettlement Programme’ is a resounding success https://t.co/DEOr2vggqt10:42am, Aug 18, 2017
- Ryan Harman, @PRTuk and RECOOP Trustee talks about Social Care in Prison https://t.co/KLAiMLptSx9:16am, Aug 07, 2017
- “Provision for older prisoners by The Lobster Pot was outstanding” - HMP Leyhill IMB Report https://t.co/vwPUitwCnC10:45am, Aug 01, 2017
- A personal story from an older prisoner so relevant to the challenges of our service-users https://t.co/cbfuqhHuEf9:37am, Jul 19, 2017
- RECOOP & SSAFA working together to give ex-servicemen and women a stronger chance of successful rehabilitation https://t.co/5j7p0kTTSm11:06am, Jul 12, 2017
- Prisons & Probation Ombudsman highlights the urgent need to address rise in number of older prisoners https://t.co/fGqlvz4jEc2:26pm, Jun 29, 2017