The number of older people entering the UK's Criminal Justice System has trebled in the last 20 years, and they now represent the fastest growing section of the prison estate.
RECOOP promotes the care, resettlement and rehabilitation of older prisoners, offenders and ex-offenders, especially those over the age of 50, in particular but not exclusively through the provision of support services, advocacy, financial advice, mentoring on issues such as employment and training, and advice on housing and health, enabling them to take control of their lives and remain free from offending, and preventing them from becoming socially excluded.
Find out about older offenders in the Criminal Justice System.
Discover what we do.
Learn what our aims are.
See what some of our service users have to say about us.
- Looking forward to attending @LangleyHseTrust @kainoscommunity Annual Review Launch & working alongside you in the Criminal Justice System11:01am, Oct 11, 2016
- RECOOP's Devon Buddy Scheme included as example of good practice in recent "Seeing prisoners as Assets" resource published by ADASS11:51am, Sep 28, 2016
- RECOOP and the Buddy Support Scheme is highlighted as an example of excellence in IMB yearly report https://t.co/Ms7QrwU1FU12:32pm, Aug 16, 2016
- Collaboration with @finecellwork continues to flourish with great impact on lives of men at HMP Leyhill https://t.co/xKHpNcYBfT10:10am, Aug 10, 2016
- Lobster Pot @ HMP Leyhill is "An inspiring example of the support that older prisoners badly need" says @PRTuk https://t.co/s3suEvHXZi11:43am, Jul 18, 2016
- @PrisonersAdvice offer "sound advice" to over 50s at Day Centre run by RECOOP https://t.co/KOsWi3AkMl10:18am, Jul 08, 2016
- @PRTuk visited the Lobster Pot at HMP Leyhill giving men an opportunity to voice their opinion and be informed of current reforms9:46am, Jun 24, 2016
- RECOOP welcomes High Sherriff’s of Glos & Somerset to see first hand support offered to Leyhill’s older population https://t.co/vQrO2NdJcG10:22am, Jun 14, 2016
- Thank you @ProstateUK for coming to HMP Leyhill.Ted's story to the men we work with @recoop sent a powerful message. Keep up the great work!11:40am, May 16, 2016
- 50s+ group at HMP Eastwood Park "gives women a sense of meaning, pride and self-worth aiding post-prison life" https://t.co/iXobyml2WB11:39am, May 06, 2016